Necrogiant

HELP with 3ds Max (WATER)

Creative Corner

Post Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:17 am

HELP with 3ds Max (WATER)

Hi, i'm a totally noob on 3ds max and this is my first time on it.

I've see the tutorial about paineditor and exporting a map from 3ds, but I'm stuck with water. I've see a little guide on the ru pk site but i haven't understood how to do it.

The fact is that I have a simple "map", is a building, a lighthouse, that i've found on web, is from the game "sniper ghost warrior". I have imported it into 3ds max and exported well to ASCII (ASE) file, converted to mpk with "ase2mpk" and than with "blender.exe" and it work good on the game, with all texture.

I want make a little level with this building, but I need to add water and maybe rain, will be great a stormy sea plus rain (the rain is a pk effect so with paineditor, i've see it on resurrection and maybe overdose too, don't remember good).

I want ask if someone can help me with this little project :D

A guide step by step maybe...

ps. other project i've in mind, is to convert some pk map (like jumpmap01 or missing sp levels from black or the best level ever Hills) to pkhd with udk (i think is very hard, or impossible for a nood like me)..

Post Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:24 am

Re: HELP with 3ds Max (WATER)

I'm also noob on 3ds Max. Try use what you mentioned translated by Google (the article looks honestly), and let me know how it goes.

Post Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:59 am

Ye i've see of the ru site, but I don't know how to start.

On 3ds I need to create "water" or a primitive "plane"? And how to add 2th uv channel?

After that, I need to import the buiding and later how I can attach the material of the building (as explained on the site)?

ps. i've tryed to import directly an entire map with water, c5l1, but after exported with same name etc, in the editor the water is black and without movement...

:?

Will try again later...

Post Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:13 am

Ahh, I see the article is about Maya, but Lexar said that works same on 3ds Max (i.e. similar).

Return to Mods